Lafayette College student, 19, dies of alcohol poisoning

Everett Glenn, a charismatic freshman at Lafayette College, died of alcohol poisoning on Saturday, May 5, 2012. The Huffington Post reported that Glenn was celebrating his 19th birthday just days before the beginning of his final exams. After drinking throughout the afternoon, Glenn returned to his dorm room to sleep where he was later found unresponsive.

While our thoughts are with the entire Lafayette community, and especially with the Glenn family, we are also reminded of the harmful effects of a drinking age that encourages sequestered binge drinking in underage college students.

Comments are closed.